Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects!

I'm a member of Influenster and last month I received the Spring Beauty VoxBox! VoxBoxes are filled with free goodies to try and talk about and one of the amazing products in this box was Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. Here's a summary of my thoughts:
  • Pros: professional results, easy to use, long lasting (Sally Hansen says up to 10 days, I got 12 days before the first chip)
  • Con: the only negative is the price. It's worth it for special occasions, but probably not for everyday use
  • Tips: a top coat might extend the life even longer, with the Frock Star design I was able to use the leftover strips to seemlessly patch spots I missed





I want to stress that this product is real nail polish! They aren't nail stickers which means you will get amazing salon quality results! I got to try Frock Star which is an awesome glittery design that would be perfect for parties and festive occasions. I'm looking forward to trying Hear Me Roar, Wishful Pinking, and Fly With Me soon but they have 40 gorgeous styles and eventually I'd love to try them all.

The strips are so easy to use. The first two fingers didn't look that great but I don't have a very steady hand but I was able to use part of an extra strip to patch it up! It probably won't work too well with some of the patterns, but with Frock Star being a random glitter design, even I couldn't tell the difference, so that's something to keep in mind if you end up with any bare spots on the edge of the nail.

The directions are very easy to follow and the package even includes a cuticle pusher and nail file/buffer! The only thing you will need is nail polish remover. I also recommend using a top coat to prolong the manicure, but that's entirely optional and mine didn't chip at all for 12 days (the info says it lasts up to 10 days)

And now for the results:


Visit Sally Hansen's website to learn more about Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips and all the other amazing products they offer and look for them in Walgreen's, RiteAid, Target, and other stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment